Join Westchester Green Business to be productive and profitable today, and to preserve our environment for tomorrow
Westchester Green Business (WGB) is a Business Council of Westchester program administered in partnership with Westchester County since 2009. The program provides a turnkey system to successfully integrate sustainable business practices into company operations. Business professionals learn exactly where resources are being wasted and identify opportunities to increase efficiency and save money. Proprietary performance tools are used to calculate the economic and environmental impacts of energy, travel, waste, water and refrigerants in an organization, while staff surveys gauge behavioral impacts. Westchester Green Business participants are recognized as green business leaders across diverse industry sectors.
As part of Westchester Green Business, you are among Westchester’s most innovative, respected and resourceful professionals. You network, share best practices, and collaborate. Your relationships and your business grow as you maintain your WGB membership throughout the certification process and into the future.
4 Steps to Green Business Certification
- Survey Employees
- Complete Green Action List
- Perform Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
- Submit Final Presentation
Register today for Westchester Green Business
Organizations that are ready to register for Westchester Green Business are required to complete the Westchester Green Business Membership, Terms, Agreement & Payment Form (Note: You must download this membership form as a PDF file to your computer before filling it out). Save and email your completed form as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Annual membership fees are based on a) the number of full time employees (FTEs) in the location being certified and b) certification status. There is a 10% discount for non-profit organizations. If you would prefer to pay by credit card, please select the appropriate option from the dropdown below and then click the "Buy Now" button. You will be taken directly to PayPal to complete the transaction. All completed membership forms, regardless of payment method, should be emailed to us at email@example.com.
2017 Membership Rates:
|Non-profit rate*||Non-profit rate*|
*10% discount for 501c3 non-profit organizations
Contact Meg Curtin at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- your organization exceeds 1,000 employees
- you are applying for multiple locations. Note: Multiple location discount: Fees based on location with the highest employee size. Additional locations are 50% of the fee based on employee size.
Westchester Green Business Members (*= Certified):
Westchester Green Business participants need to meet the following requirements:
- Commercial space based in Westchester County, NY
- Minimum # Full Time Employees, 1
- Access to energy consumption/billing data (tenants without direct access can provide prorated energy estimates based on square footage)
*NOTE: The program is NOT open to home-based businesses
Why join Westchester Green Business?
The ROI is clear; a Westchester Green Business:
- Operates more efficiently, uses fewer resources, and saves money
- Has access to capital for facility and technology upgrades
- Attracts top talent and uses teamwork to engage and retain employees
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship values and enjoys positive community relations
- Is distinct among competitors
- Builds trust among consumers