100 diverse Westchester companies participating in the Westchester Green Business Challenge and Westchester Green Business-Certified programs were honored on June 5, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza White Plains for their environmental leadership. Awards were presented by Marsha Gordon, President and CEO of The Business Council of Westchester, Kevin Plunkett, Deputy Westchester County Executive, and Dani Glaser, Scott Fernqvist and Jana Petrikova, Team WGBC.
- View the event photo gallery
- View video of event (YouTube)
- Phone/video credit: Verita Vision
- WGBC e-newsletter with event highlights
- Read the full press release
2014 Award Winners:
Charles W. Brown, Jr. Sustainability Award
- Reckson, a division of SL Green Realty Corp.
- Platinum Sponsor Award: Con Edison
- Silver Sponsor Award: Reckson
- Bronze Sponsor Awards: The Blue Book Building & Construction Network, C.W. Brown, Diamond Properties, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Pernod Ricard USA
Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Outreach & Organizational Commitment: Hendrick Hudson Free Library
- Energy: Colonial Needle Company
- Waste Management & Green Products: Diamond Properties
- Transportation: New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Land Use: Friends of Hilltop Hanover Farm
- Water Resources: Doubletree Tarrytown
Recognition Event Sponsors:
Active WGBC Participants Recognized
Sponsor the WGBC:
The Westchester Green Business Challenge is a 501c3 non profit organization. Our mission is to educate and inspire all Westchester County organizations to move down the path toward environmental sustainability while improving performance and saving money. We are grateful to our current sponsors and are seeking additional support from sponsors who believe in our mission. Recognition Event Sponsorship packages are available for $1,000. Click here to view all WGBC Sponsorship packages. The sponsorship form is available here. You do not have to be a WGBC participant to sponsor the program.